Valentines French Toast ~ Recipe by Larisa Braun @LARISAFBRAUN
Larisa Braun does it again! We are so excited to make heart french toast for our littles on Valentine's morning. This easy and delicious recipe is a healthy and fun way to start the holiday. Let's get cooking!
Valentines French Toast~ Recipe by Larisa Braun @LARISAFBRAUN
6-10 slices of day-old, whole grain bread
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp orange zest
1 Tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
1 Tbsp + 1.5 tsp arrowroot or cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Virgin coconut oil (for cooking)
Toppings: berries, maple syrup, or powdered sugar
- Cut out shapes in the bread using your Ann Clark cookie cutter from your Little Holiday box. Reserve scraps to use with leftover batter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, zest, coconut sugar, arrowroot starch, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with 1-2 tsp of coconut oil. While the pan is heating, dunk one of your bread pieces into the batter, let it soak up a bit of the mixture, then flip the bread over and add it to the pan.
- Cook for 2.5-3.5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Working in batches, add more coconut oil (as needed) to the pan.
- Transfer to your Meri Meri heart plate and serve immediately with desired toppings.
Happy Valentine's Day! Love, Avery & Michelle